Dear Everyone Who Asks Which Books I Love And They Should Read,
As an author, one question I am often asked is why I am wearing leather patches on my elbows. I guess it’s because usually there is a corduroy jacket involved with such a trend, but I prefer to just wear the patches sticky-taped to my skin.
Another question I’m often asked is, “Which books do you recommend I read?” which is a strange question, because taste in books varies wildly, just as taste in elbow patch fashion does.
Alas, I’ve written a book list all the same.
Please be assured I will probably keep adding to it because there is a marked difference between all the books I passionately love and all the books that I passionately love and can remember at this time.
- Italian Folktales - Italo Calvino
- Le Grand Mealnes - Alain-Fournier
- The Elegance of The Hedgehog - Muriel Barbery
- How To Eat Out - Giles Coren
- The Bronze Horseman - Paullina Simons
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics - Marisha Pessl
- Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris
- In fact, any book by David Sedaris
- Case Histories (the entire series) - Kate Atkinson
- Actually, any book by Kate Atkinson
- A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Hour Work Week - Timothy Ferris
- Witches - Roald Dahl
- Any and every book by Roald Dahl
- A Series of Unfortunate Evens - Lemony Snicket
- How To Be A Woman - Caitlin Moran
- The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy series - Douglas Adams
- Any word ever by Douglas Adams ever written
- Focal Point - Brian Tracy
- The Stinky Cheese Man - Jon Scieszka
- Dave Barry’s Only Travel Guide You’ll Ever Need - Dave Barry
- Any collection of columns by Dave Barry